Don't spend any time on stock control.Automate it!
Many card designers manage inventory with a spreadsheet and .. it's horrible
- When someone orders a product that's not in stock you're looking at a minimum of half an hour of admin, messaging them about alternative products, changing the payment and/or agreeing to split the order and send the rest when the stock does arrive (and having to remember to).
- Your customer thinks that's all a bit suboptimal.
- If it's you decrementing stock levels after sending orders, you don't want to be. (No child ever grows up wanting to do stock management.)
- If your favourite family member is doing inventory management, they are definitely interrupting your creative flow several times a day.
- If you have agents or distributors, you may think you have sufficient stock but one order from them can clear you out, especially as your business grows.
Or you could have a website from Aura Creative Media that includes an automatic stock control system so you just have to pack and send...
... and no-one can order anything that's out of stock.